295 George Street
15 Princess Street
65 Minto Street
717 Reeves Street
At BDO Debt Solutions Sydney, our team of experts are ready to provide support for:
- Credit counselling
- Budgeting tools
- Debt consolidation loans
- Debt management plans
- Debt settlement plans
- Creating consumer proposals
- Filing for Bankruptcy
Leonard M. Shaw is a Partner of BDO Canada LLP and a Senior Vice-President of BDO Canada Limited. Mr. Shaw joined the Financial Recovery Services (“FRS”) office of BDO in Sydney, Nova Scotia on February 1, 2011. BDO Canada LLP is the sixth largest accounting and advisory firm in Canada.
Prior to joining BDO in February, 2011, Mr. Shaw practiced insolvency and accounting with another Sydney-based accounting and insolvency firm and he previously practiced with a national accounting and insolvency firm where he received his accounting and insolvency designations.
Education, Achievements and Professional Designations
- Graduate of Glace Bay High School; Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from Cape Breton University (BBA);
- Certificate in Public Administration from Cape Breton University; Canadian Securities Course from Canadian Securities Institute;
- Certificate in Management (CIM);
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA);
- Chartered Accountant (CA);
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP);
- Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager (CAFM);
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP) - Member of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals;
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT)
Community Service Activities
- St. Anne’s Parish Finance Committee Chair (2019 – Present);
- Cape Breton Transition House Association Board Member and Executive Committee Member (2013 – Present);
- Cape Breton – Canso Federal Liberal Association Financial Agent (2003 – 2019);
- Cape Breton Small Business Development Centre Society Board Member and Treasurer (2013 – 2014);
- Savoy Theatre Board Member and Treasurer (2010 – 2014);
- Sacred Heart Parish Finance Committee Member (2006 – 2009);
- The Second Chance Society Board Member and Treasurer (2006 – 2008);
- Official Agent of 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2011 Federal Election Campaigns to Re-Elect Rodger Cuzner, MP (2004 - 2011);
- St. Anne’s Parish Council Chairman and Finance Committee Member (2001 – 2005);
- Cape Breton Society of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Board Member and Treasurer (2000 – 2003)
Debbie MacDonald is an Insolvency Estate Administrator and a Certified Insolvency Counsellor with over 12 years of experience in the insolvency field.
Located in our Sydney office, Debbie practices in the consumer insolvency and restructuring areas with a primary focus on the administration of consumer bankruptcies and proposals and attending to or assisting in the resolution of issues for a diverse clientele and resolving their financial difficulties.Education, Achievements and Professional Designations
- BIA Insolvency Counsellor’s Course, 1999
- Insolvency Administrator’s Course, 1998
- Business Administration Diploma 1994
- Various seminars and workshops relating to insolvency and counseling.
- Commissioner of Oaths of Nova Scotia
Susan has been with BDO since 2016. She has been helping individuals attain financial stability for the last 10 years. Getting you on the right financial path by explaining and matching you with your best option according to your individual situation is what Susan will do for you.
Get A Free Consultation
Our experts are here to talk. Fill out the form and get started on your journey to becoming debt-free.